The holidays are a joyous but also stressful time. Some people are extremely easy to get gifts for, some people shamelessly and helpfully drop hints, but there are some people that leave you stumped every. single. year. It can be hard trying to find the right mix between useful and personal. You want to get someone something they’ll enjoy/use but you also don’t want to go down the impersonal gift card or bottle of wine route. This gift is a perfect balance for that 21+ partner, friend or family member (even coworkers if appropriate!)
I chose to make Habanero and Pineapple infused tequila. My special someone receiving this gift loves spicy food/drinks, but if that’s not the case for who you’re gifting this to feel free to mix it up for flavors they’d enjoy. That’s what makes this so personalized and special!
What you’ll need:
- 1 bottle Tequila (I used Espolon white tequila, but you can use any kind you like. You can also sub for vodka if you prefer)
- 2-3 habaneros
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- Large enough jar (with a lid) to fit the amount of tequila and then some.
- Slice habaneros and place in the jar. If you don’t want it as spicy, remove the seeds. Be careful not to touch any sensitive areas afterward like your face or eyes, wash your hands thoroughly, or wear gloves if it’s easier.
- Slice the pineapple and place in the jar.
- Pour tequila over the pineapple and habaneros. Cover and let sit in fridge for 2-3 days.
- Strain mixture into another jar or bowl to get all of the pineapple, habanero and seeds out. Either gift in a jar of your choice or funnel back into the original bottle.