With cold season approaching here in the Northeast I’ve been trying to incorporate turmeric into my diet a lot more. Among many other health benefits it has incredible anti inflammatory properties and is great for offsetting a cold.
With the temperature dropping and snow approaching I thought what better way to increase my turmeric intake than with some Pumpkin Spice Golden Milk! This warm drink tastes almost like a mix between a chai latte and a pumpkin spice latte, it is PERFECT. And I should mention that it is almost as easy as making a cup of tea.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 cups non dairy milk (I prefer almond or oat. You can either use the suggested 2 cups or just measure using whichever mug/glass you’ll be using)
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (the pepper helps your body to absorb the beneficial
- So Delicious dairy free CocoWhip (optional)
- Combine milk and spices in a small saucepan.
- Whisk together on medium-low heat for a few minutes or until heated through. I find a good indicator is when I can see some steam forming from the top.
- Carefully pour into your glass or mug.
- I like to top my golden milk with a spoonful of So Delicious dairy free CocoWhip and sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top.
If you’d like to enjoy this drink cold, just skip the saucepan and mix all ingredients together either by hand or in a blender if you want it frothier.